GOLDEN ROAST TOFU
Golden Roast Tofu is basically a method of roasting Tofu to that crisp restaurant-perfection. I decided to share it a post/recipe because of its versatility.
- You are super hungry, and are willing to eat just about anything (Remember, you threw all the junk food out of your house when you were in one of those goody-two-shoes, I will eat only healthy food moods 😛 ), don’t worry! Roast Tofu comes to your rescue
- Golden roast tofu doubles as a gourmet appetizer? (especially when u have unannounced guests just before dinner time).
- Add this to your Salads, Entrees (like the famous Mapo Tofu) or a simple stir fry.
So, here’s the recipe for the versatile, low calorie,
Golden roast tofu
- 1 (15-ounce) package water-packed extra firm tofu (Can be found in the produce section of all grocery stores)
- 1/2 tsp of garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp chopped green onions for garnish
- Oil to roast
- Cut the tofu cube in half and start pressing with paper towels to drain out the water. Press with sufficient pressure but do not squeeze.
- Cut them into desired sized cubes and press each with paper towels and let them rest on dry paper towels for about 5-7 min.
- Spray some oil onto a non-stick pan. Once the pan is hot, squeeze few cubes lightly to remove remaining water and drop them into the pan slowly.
- Let them roast on one side (over medium heat) for about 5 min until u see the sides start getting golden.
- Add the seasoning.
- Flip and roast again for about 5 min.
- Roast in small batches to ensure even roasting.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, Serve hot.
Please be patient while draining the water out of the tofu or you are going to have oil spluttering all over you and the tofu will not get crisp.